How opportune that this prompt arrives on my day off. My schedule has left me drained as the final delivery of a major project approached. Long hours over the past two weeks and interrupted sleep patterns have me in a stupor. It is the first real full day without a pressing deadline in more than seven weeks. How shall I spend it?
- I had originally planned to sleep late. My wife has other plans. She has to go to work and I get to do the morning medical treatments for my daughter.
- There are the list of errands that have lagged recently.
- #1 Son says we’re out of cold cuts for his sandwiches again. He goes through several pounds of sliced turkey breast every week. We could shop every two days and still not keep up. The more we buy, the bigger the sandwiches seem to get.
- Car maintenance appointments to be made.
- Internet shopping. Unfortunately, not the fun kind. Ordering necessary medical items.
- Schedule a nap on the couch.
- Take a walk if it’s not too cold outside.
But first, I’ll start by participating in today’s prompt. Sip my morning coffee, ramble for a bit, then post and have a full breakfast. Then, sit back and see what others have to say. Perhaps shuffle my list and begin with #6.
What’s your idea of a perfect day off: one during which you can quietly relax, doing nothing, or one with one fun activity lined up after the other? Tell us how you’d spend your time.